If you need help, whether you have already started using Woojum™ or not, and you cannot find the information you need in this BLOG or in our website, please reply to this Post. (You will find that some of our Posts don’t give you the opportunity to reply, as they are just for information.) All genuine requests will be answered and will help us to improve the assistance we aim to provide via this BLOG and our FAQs.
In trialling, we found a number of Subscribers asked what was the best order to work in. They weren’t sure whether to concentrate on Uploading Images first, or Adding Events.
There is no single, correct answer to this question. Our advice is choose a way of working which doesn’t lead to you getting bored! If you are quite happy to spend a block of time Uploading Images to your Woojum™ Media Manager before you start creating Events, work that way, then you will be able to insert Images into your Events while you are setting them up. On the other hand, you can set up some Events first, to get a feel of how they will look on your Timeline and what World Events you will see, then Upload some Images and Edit your Events to insert the Images.
You can Upload more Images at any time by clicking the Media button in your Toolbar, and more Events at any time by clicking the Event button.
Once you have set up a Timeline you will want to your first New Event. Assuming you are Logged In your Account screen should look like this one below: To Add a New Event to this Personal Timeline, first click the Event button in your Toolbar. In the Add Event box which opens:
- Type in the Title you want to give this Event
- Type in the Year this Event took place
- Select a Month and Day if you know them
- Type in the text description you want to give this Event
- Make sure that the Published checkbox is ticked
- Click the Submit button to save this Event and display it on your Timeline
If you have already Uploaded some Media Files you can insert them into your Event before you click the Submit button, but I am trying to keep these Posts to a reasonable length so I will explain Media Files in a separate Post.
You can’t start recording your place in history until you have set up a Timeline. Login to your Account and click the Timeline button in your Toolbar:
- Type in the Title you want to give this Timeline
- Select a World Timeline from the dropdown list
- Check that the Published checkbox is ticked to publish this Timeline now
- Click the Public checkbox if this is to be a Public Timeline
- Click the Submit button
That’s it. Now you can start adding Events.